Buying vs. Renting
Buying a Home vs. Renting a Home
Why Buy A Home?
- Equity: You can’t build equity in an apartment or rental property, but by owning your home, you can!
- Fixed Payments: Your rent almost always increases when your lease is renewed, but with a fixed rate mortgage, the principle and interest payments never go up
- Tax deductions. Your rent payment is not tax deductible. By being a home owner, the interest portion of your mortgage payment could be tax deductible.In addition to deducting mortgage interest, you may be able to deduct real estate property taxes and any points you may have paid at closing. As part of owning a home versus renting, you may be eligible for tax credits for improvements and other tax incentives. **Consult your tax advisor
- Creative control. You want to paint the walls? ... When you buy a home you have the freedom to do so -- they are your walls now. Go ahead and paint them mango! Wish you had another room? Go ahead and add one. Take pride in your new home.
- Maintenance choices. If you live in a house, you can decide how to approach maintenance, either doing it yourself or picking your own contractor. If you live in a condominium or homeowners' association, you may pay a monthly fee to have maintenance work covered by the association's contractors.
Why Rent A Home?
- Flexibility: Renting allows you to explore an area before making the longer-term commitment to homeownership.
- Career uncertainty: If you think you might need to move in the near future, you might want to rent. Buying ties you down to a greater extent.
- Income uncertainty: If you expect a pay hike or cut in the near future, that can impact your ability to pay a mortgage.
- Bad credit: Creating a history of on-time rental payments can help you build the sort of credit you'll need to qualify for a mortgage.
- No maintenance expenses: Pick up the telephone and call the landlord and wait for them to fix it.
Buying vs. Renting Properties
Foreclosures / REO
- Aquia Harbour Stafford VA Homes for Sale
- Augustine North
- Austin Ridge Stafford VA Homes for Sale
- Berkshire Stafford VA Homes for Sale
- Buying vs. Renting
- Community Info Stafford VA
- Downtown Fredericksburg VA Homes for Sale
- Embrey Mill Community Stafford VA Homes
- First Time Home Buyer Guide
- Fredericksburg VA 22405 Homes for Sale
- Fredericksburg VA 22406 Homes for Sale
- Fredericksburg VA Homes for Sale
- Hampton Oaks Stafford VA Homes
- North Stafford VA Homes for Sale
- Prepare your Home for sale near Stafford VA
- South Stafford VA Homes for Sale
- Spotsylvania Virginia Homes for Sale
- Stafford County Virginia Homes for Sale
- Stafford VA 22554 Homes for Sale
- Stafford VA 22556 Homes for Sale
- The Home Buying Process
The data relating to real estate for sale on this website appears in part through the BRIGHT Internet Data Exchange program, a voluntary cooperative exchange of property listing data between licensed real estate brokerage firms in which Charline Francis, Realtor participates, and is provided by BRIGHT through a licensing agreement. The information provided by this website is for the personal, non-commercial use of consumers and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. Real estate listings held by brokerage firms other than Charline Francis, Realtor are marked with the IDX icon and detailed information about each listing includes the name of the listing broker.
©2020 BRIGHT, All Rights Reserved. Information Deemed Reliable But Not Guaranteed. Some properties which appear for sale on this website may no longer be available because they are under contract, have Closed or are no longer being offered for sale.
Data last updated: Jul 7, 2020 10:17:pm.